term inside emacs:: how to turn “word wrap” off

From: Seth Bird
Subject: term inside emacs:: how to turn “word wrap” off
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:31:20 -0000

In setting up my personal Linux command line development environment,
I want to use term inside emacs b/c then I can switch to 'line mode'
and copy/paste the output into any other buffer.

However, when I run mysql inside term inside emacs, the pretty sql
tables still word wrap according to the width of that emacs window :(.
I was hoping that emacs would truncate the bash output.

Is there a way to do this?