Re: (cperl-mode) Problems with syntax highlighting after __DATA__ !

From: LanX
Subject: Re: (cperl-mode) Problems with syntax highlighting after __DATA__ !
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:32:46 -0000

Hi

back again was travelling the last days...

> SM> Yes, of course: short of using multiple major modes (which is something
> SM> Emacs doesn't support very well for now), there's not much highlighting
> SM> we can do other than assuming Perl syntax.
>
> I think it's not that bad.  __DATA__ is the same content (semantically)
> as a here-file,

or a POD-section , i.e. natural solution would be comment-face.
(like most other editors I tested do, just check vim)

__END__ is practically the same as __DATA__ and Ilya is right those
sections are terminated only by EOF.

@Stefan: I'm not talking about highlighting according to HTML  just
wanna avoid the perl-parser to hang the system.

@Ilya: Sorry the HTML is confidential, I'm even not allowed to publish
parts of it, e.g. by stripping the text between the markup. :( And I
wasn't able to reproduce it.

FWIW my workaround at the moment is to start the __DATA__ section
with

=pod

to avoid syntaxification.