Fonts between Emacs-22 and Emacs-23

From: Pingouin
Subject: Fonts between Emacs-22 and Emacs-23
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:34:09 -0000

Hello,

last week our IT upgraded emacs form 22.3 to 23.2.  I am having
problems ever since?  Didn't touch my .emacs file but when I run both
version side by side, same .emacs file, what I see on screen sure look
different.  First the fonts are not the same size, on 23 they are
smaller and look blurry.  Further more all the font-lock colors are
different; some are so pale I can't even read the argument to
\title{arg} in LaTeX, for example, same problems in dired or other
modes.

In emacs 22 if I run the function M-x list-colors-display I get a
buffer with 542 colors, with their name and a sample of the color.  In
23, the same function yields 3 colors but I see more than three in
fontified buffers?  I use emacs extensively and it annoys me to have
to go back to 22!  Is this compilation problems, compiling with wrong
flags?

Thanks for any support,

GĂ©rald