Re: Scanning keymaps for keybindings

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Scanning keymaps for keybindings
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:35:14 -0000

On Nov 9, 10:47 pm, Tim X <t...@nospam.dev.null> wrote:
> Depending on what you want to do, you may be able to use something like
> after-change-major-mode hook or similar to update things after a new
> mode is used. However, this assumes all modes have been written
> following standard conventions, which cannot be guaranteed.

The goal I'd like to accomplish is remapping a keybinding without
having to dig through the documentation and Elisp files.  Yes, I know
you can type "C-h c" to know what the name of the command which is
bound to a specific key, then you can grep such name to know which
keymap you'd have to change; but since I'm a keyboard layout
thinkerer, I'd prefer to automate that.