Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:27:01 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 23, 4:18 pm, Jason Earl <je...@notengoamigos.org> wrote:
> Here is a basic setup that will connect gnus to an IMAP server on port
> 993 via ssl.  In short, if all you need is the sort of basic setup that
> you get from other mail clients this will suit you just fine.

> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnimap "mail"
>                 (nnimap-address "your.mail.server")
>                 (nnimap-server-port 993)
>                 (nnimap-stream ssl)
>                 (nnimap-authenticator login))))

Thank you very much, Jason.  However, my server is a POP one,
otherwise I guess Gnus would not have been dumb enough to start
downloading my mails and deleting them assuming I knew some bizantine
settings to avoid that beforehand.  Thunderbird may be big and slow,
but at least it does not make such assumptions.

For a text-based mail-client, I'm looking into Alpine now.