List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?

From: Elena
Subject: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:28:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

is there a way to get the list of all functions (recursively) called
by a function?

Once a while, my Emacs hangs.  It usually happens when interacting
with the file-system.  I've tried isolating the function which causes
the hang, by means of  `keyboard-quit' after having set `debug-on-
error' to true, but without success, since `keyboard-quit' does not
break the hang.  Therefore, I've been thinking about running a
profiler on functions during which the hang happens.  One of these
functions is `ido-find-file'.  The profiling package "elp" has
correctly identified this function as spending a lot of time.  Now,
I'd like to profile all functions called by `ido-find-file' to catch
the misbehaving one.

Any pointers?  Thanks.