Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 05:49:38 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 30, 1:34 pm, "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <p...@informatimago.com>
wrote:
> You would need a debugger such
> as:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3897010229726822034#
> Perhaps you'd be interested in writing one for emacs lisp?

Watched the video.  Indeed it would an advanced feature.

However, I'm not interested in writing such an advanced tool for Emacs
Lisp, since that would promote the usage of Emacs Lisp as an extension
language instead of other more advanced languages.  If someone is
*really* interested in writing a CL-based drop-in replacement for GNU
Emacs, count me in.  One guy single-handly wrote such a replacement in
MIT Scheme, so it shouldn't be that difficult to do it in CL (if CL is
up to the task as MIT Scheme did, I mean).

Regarding the issue with ido-find-file I was experiencing, I managed
to solve it by recompiling some ido-* functions.  Instead of writing a
code-walker, I used the call-tree generated by byte-compile-file (with
byte-compile-generate-call-tree set to t), each time by copying into
such file the definition of the most troublesome function.