Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:43:51 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 3, 11:40 am, Elena <egarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not when Emacs lacks support for what I'm doing.  Currently I'm
> forced[1] to use Visual Studio or Eclipse for *code* editing, and I
> switch to Emacs only when I have to perform some heavy *text*
> editing.  *Code* editing is a more specific task than *text* editing,
> and an IDE is better equipped for the former task.

For instance, I thought I should have given CEDET another try, now
that it has exited its beta status.  I was reading the excellent Alex
Ott's tutorial, when I stumbled on the paragraph about preprocessing:
http://alexott.net/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html#sec7

As a matter of fact, if you want to enable CEDET's smart completion,
you have to add all included headers by hand!  Ehi, how many IDEs do
you know which require you to add headers by hand?  I don't know any.
True IDEs figure out on their own what headers are included in your
project.  Moreover, symbols can be actually defined or not, depending
on some preprocessor macros: does Semantic cope with that?