Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?

From: LanX
Subject: Re: List of all functions (recursively) called by a function?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:15:38 -0800 (PST)

> Yes, but I was looking for a code-walker which would output all
> functions called by the main function, because I would prefer not
> having to track them by hand.

Well my idea was to write a routine "wrap-recursive" which greps all
calls within a specified function and wraps them again with wrap-
recursive.

Like this each recursively called function will be wrapped and you can
call any analyzing code you want.

Anyway I was wondering why this feature shouldn't already be
implemented and googling for "elisp debugger" lead me straightforward
to edebug and the trace option.

Did you try this?

--8<-------------------------------

18.2 Edebug

Edebug is a source-level debugger for Emacs Lisp programs, with which
you can:
   * Output trace information on function calls and returns.

18.2.12 Trace Buffer
 -- Macro: edebug-tracing string body...
 -- Function: edebug-trace format-string &rest format-args