Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 03:14:18 -0800 (PST)

On 7 Gru, 05:31, Haines Brown <hai...@HistoricalMaterialism.info>
wrote:
(...)
> Aha! Thanks. Not knowing any LISP, I assume the last would involve a
> line such as:
>
>      (global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-c") 'smart-close)

rather: (define-key global-map "\C-x\C-c" 'hb/smart-close)

> which I suppose should precede the above lines. I'll give it a try, but
> I'm nervous without a bit of reassurance.

Don't be afraid of thrashing your .emacs -- you can always run emacs
with the -Q option, or with --debug-init.

(...)
> Understood. For some reason I inherit a fear of leaving an FTP
> connection open unused. What you are saying is, don't worry about it. I
> won't. Again, thank you very much.
(...)

Exactly. Besides, after a while of inactivity it will time-out and
get closed automatically anyway.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.