RE: reuse dired buffer in dired+ with dired-up-directory

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: reuse dired buffer in dired+ with dired-up-directory
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:49:07 -0800

> I don't like multiple dired buffers cluttering my workspace, so I have
> been using dired+ with (toggle-dired-find-file-reuse-dir 1) setting.
> However, when I use (dired-up-directory) to backtrack my way in the
> directory tree, new buffers still get created.  Is there a way to
> prevent that in dired+?..

I don't see that problem.  When I drill down to subdirs, and then use `^'
(dired-up-directory) to go back up, the original Dired buffers are reused.

Can you please give me a step-by-step recipe to reproduce the problem.  Start
with `emacs -Q', and let me know your Emacs version.  You can mail me directly,
off list.  Thanks, and sorry for your trouble.