RE: lower level directories in My Documents not recognized

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: lower level directories in My Documents not recognized
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:53:06 -0800

> Emacs doesn't seem to be recognizing my My Documents subdirectories
> (I'm running Windows 7)
>
> For example, when I try to save a buffer to ~/My Documents/Abc, it
> says "no such directory" even though there is one. And when I do
> autocompletion in the minibuffer, Emacs autocompletes every directory
> up to an including My Documents, but nothing after (I get [no match]
> for any subdirectory). Anyone know what's going on here?

No doubt Emacs is choking Windows when it gets to the space, for some reason
(e.g. not picking up the whole file name in a string).

Report the behavior as a bug: `M-x report-emacs-bug', giving a step-by-step
recipe that starts from `emacs -Q'.  Emacs developers will take it from there.
If there is no bug but instead user error, they'll let you know.