Bookmarks to Info pages broken in23

From: LanX
Subject: Bookmarks to Info pages broken in23
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:27:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I'm experiencing a problem in emacs-23.1.50 which was already reported
but closed:

http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-bug-tracker-gnu/2010-12/msg00071.html

In short the Info page will be displayed in fundamental mode.

I tested in 23 and 22 with -Q and 22 reports that the entry from emacs
23 in the bookmarkfile is wrong:
----
bookmark-jump-noselect: Wrong type argument: listp, "   Widgets can b"
----

Question:
=====

a) do others still have this problem?

b) if bookmark.el was fixed how can I make the patched version loaded
instead the site-files?

c) is it possible to run emacs22 with Xft support? There many packages
reporting problems I already installed as Ubuntu Packages on my
system, like e.g. ECB.