Re: set-frame-size doesn't work in Emacs 23.2 ?

From: Android Eve
Subject: Re: set-frame-size doesn't work in Emacs 23.2 ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:27 -0000

On Aug 18, 1:42 pm, Android Eve <androi...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Why?

The mystery is now even greater since I managed to make (set-frame-
size     (selected-frame)  96 72) work in .emacs -- here is how:

Originally, these two lines were conditioned upon the window system:

  (cond
   ((eq window-system 'w32)
    (progn
        (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 120  0)
        (set-frame-size     (selected-frame)  96 88)
      )))

So, I just moved these two lines above the condition and mysteriously
they started working!

Why "mysteriously"? Because there are other statements inside that (eq
window-system 'w32) that work flawlessly. If I invoke M-x describe-
variable window-system , it returns the value w32.

So why is this odd behavior of Emacs 23.2?