Emacs on Windows Python Modes

From: flebber
Subject: Emacs on Windows Python Modes
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:31:21 -0000

Hi Guys and Gals

In this post I am referring to this guide
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonProgrammingInEmacs

Can anyone direct me to a guide or post based that could help me setup
Emacs on Windows XP for python 2.6? I have tried to follow the above
guide but cannot complete it to a working emacs. I am downloading
standard emacs 23.2 this time my last attempt was with emacs32
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html not that it was too blame
it probably was me, I used the W32 patched version for reference.

The last time I used emacs was on linux 3 years ago, I used emacs for
about 6 months and started to get used to it. I have been distracted
with work and kids and now looking to start again.

I want to acheive a python setup on emacs with 3 windows on to write,
one for output and one for interpreter. I am no expert programmer. One
slight off topic question emacs would handle jython as well if I
needed to go there wouldn't it?

All help links appreciated.

Thanks