question / proposal for emacs release.

From: Toy Yoda
Subject: question / proposal for emacs release.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:33:20 -0000

Hello.

Is there a feature in GNU emacs that can help me do the following...

I'd like to be able to have rectangle-edit print out a sequence of
numbers.  So, many times I would like to rectangle insert -for
example- the following:

0
1
2
3

When you give input, if you zero prefix the starting number, it will
zero prefix the sequence so that all the numbers take up the same
width.  If you prefix or suffix the starting number with a white
space, emacs will print all the numbers with the same width using
whitespace padding that will either be right or left justified.

So, is there some package out there now that does this?

If not, would this be something cool to add as a feature to the
standard rectangle edit?  And, where do I propose such a feature?

thanks!