Re: C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python

From: francogrex
Subject: Re: C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:20 -0000

In article <16a7e301-2e85-47eb-971e-79acc4e076a6@b35g2000yqi.
googlegroups.com>, gnuist006@gmail.com says...
>This makes some sense. He replied on the newsgroup in a lengthy
post
>that there are sufficient resources out there giving hint that
no one
>need help me out. Then I was called "lazy" in one email and
tersely
>given JUST the last name of an author who has many books each
many
>100s pages, when I asked for a relevant book, as if i am a
scholar in
>the field, although he did spend lots of words on irrelevant and
>unbeneficial things which diminished my enthusiasm. Now, I find
out
>from you that he has/had a business concern or interest in a
company
>that is writing/wrote lisp interpreter in C. Correct me if I am
making
>an error. I dont want to think deprecatingly of any good soul
but this
>is what i experienced.

No, you're not making a bad judgement. He's not the only one who
treats newcomers with disrespect and scorn. Unfortunately many
so-called experts in the field look down on newbies and mistreat
them (in any programming language forum), forgetting in the
process that they were also at a certain time newbies until
someone gentle and nice enough teachers took the trouble to
educate them. On the other hand there are less neurotic experts
out there who are glad to help out someone learning. It's like in
some universities, you have the bad "professors" who are freaks
(probably they have a lot of problems at home, their wives
screwing all the males on the block, daughters drug addicts etc)
and want to take their hatred out on you, and you have the
good and mentally stable professors who actually deserve their
title.