Re: Test for and adapt to: -nw

From: Mario Lassnig
Subject: Re: Test for and adapt to: -nw
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:26:13 -0000

On 8/25/10 2:23 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
On 2010-08-24, Tim Johnson<tim@johnsons-web.com>  wrote:
Using emacs 23~ on linux. In some cases it would be preferable for me to
use the -nw (do not use X) initialization option.

1)Is there an emacs function to test for X communication?
  example: (using-X-p)
    Found the 'window-system variable. This suffices for the test
         that I need.
2)Are there any color themes composed especially for emacs?
   Should have asked:
   2)Are there any color themes composed especially for terminal-mode emacs?

I would like to do something like this in .emacs:
(if (using-X-p)
   (color-theme-gnome)     ;; from color-theme.el
        (nw-color-theme-gnome)) ;; from where ??

Here's what I do:

(if (eq (symbol-value 'window-system) nil)
    (color-theme-clarity)
    (color-theme-robin-hood))

3)Is there something like an .Xresources file for a non-X emacs?
                               >.Xdefaults !
   I have found the (tty-color-alist) function, which gives me
        information on the frame terminal.

   answers to question 2 may save me some work on a color scheme for
        terminal mode.