Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: Using tramp with sunrise-commander
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:12:42 -0500

José A. Romero L. <escherdragon@gmail.com> writes:

> M-x toggle-debug-on-error ?

Ah, for some reason it did not occur to me this would include tramp, but
in any case there were no error messages when I tried to open a
directory on the remote host.

I should mention that when I access the remote host with tramp when in
Sunrise-Commander mode, a new buffer opens which is in the "Internal
Ange-ftp: run" mode. From its ftp> prompt I have no trouble changing
directories and listing their
ftp> contents.

But, in the other buffer that remains in Sunrise-commander mode, I can't
open this subdirectory, although I can navigate upward into the parent
directory. A simple RET command should open the currently selected
directory, but it looks like the command is not being passed along to
tramp/FTP. Is it possible that my Sunrise-commander is opening new
buffer for FTP commands rather than execute those commands? When I used
tramp years ago, I don't recall any "Internal Age-ftp" buffer showing
up.

Haines