Re: Need help setting up RMAIL

From: Peter Axon
Subject: Re: Need help setting up RMAIL
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:09 -0000

Duke Normandin <dukeofperl@ml1.net> writes:

> I hope there are folks still using RMAIL! ;)

I use RMAIL all the time and love it :)

> I have RMAIL installed and running.
> I have GNU mailutils, including `GNU movemail'
> movemail from the CLI connects to my IMAP provider and loads up
> ~/RMAIL.
>
> However, I can't get movemail to play nice when RMAIL starts or when
> I do a "g" from RMAIL.

Are you on a *nix system? What is your exact setup? i.e. are you getting
mail from your server into your spool file and then using movemail to
get it into the ~/RMAIL file?

I know you are using IMAP but my setup works like this:
 - I use fetchmail to download from POP to my mail spool (/var/mail/me)
 - I start emacs, do M-x rmail and it pulls in whatever is in the spool
   file automatically.

--
Peter