Re: too many buffers

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: too many buffers
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 14:21:34 +0100

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> On Dec 2, 8:58 am, Elena <egarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Problem is: this Emacs uniqueness is not documented anywhere.  All
>> IDEs look alike because they follow a design pattern which works.
>> There are tons of usability studies done on this.  OTOH, how would you
>> develop a project following the Emacs way?  Nobody knows.  Every
>> Emacser reinvents the wheel.
>
> I have yet to meet a code-completion package which works... for Emacs
> Lisp!  AutoComplete is what comes closer, but still it tries to
> complete lisp symbols with words gathered around.  Also, Emacs has no
> awareness of projects, thus I resorted to one big .emacs file.

Somewhat confusingly there are two different versions of eProject -
neither of which I managed to use or understand ;( More a reflection on
the time (or lack of) I assigned to trying to use them I think. There is
also EDE ( I think it is) which is a component of CEDET but getting
Cedet going is a substantial task in itself.