Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:11:30 +0100

Mario Lassnig <mario@lassnig.net> writes:

> On 12/6/10 11:24 AM, Miles Bader wrote:
>> I'm confused; are you implying that CEDET's project-management is
>> somehow hard to use or figure out?  Have you used it?
>
> I've been trying to figure out the following workflow with CEDET,
> but ultimately I had to give up, due to me not having days to figure
> it out... The workflow is as follows:

I must admit to giving up with cedet completely. It caused my emacs to
randomly freeze for periods at a time, completion was a hit and miss
affair and the setup in Alex's once excellent article is out of
date. Combine that with the setup for the downloadable one being
different from the version shipped now with emacs 23.2 and you have a
recipe for confusion and frustration. A shame and I will certainly
revisit it one day as clearly there is a lot of potential.