RE: how do I save a region to file?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: how do I save a region to file?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 19:58:12 -0800

> I would just like to know the shortest key sequence that can be
> used to save the currently-selected region to a file.

Answer: The shortest key sequence that you want to sacrifice to `write-region'.

Personally, I use a command `region-to-file', which does `write-region' or, with
a prefix arg, `append-to-file'.  I bind it to `C-x M-f' (which doesn't win
awards for shortness, but is fine for a command I don't use super often).  It's
here: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/misc-cmds.el.