Re: Basic Emacs Config File

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Basic Emacs Config File
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:51:11 +0200

> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:43:26 -0800 (PST)
> From: cristianluca <cristianluca_ro@yahoo.com>
>
> Can anyone point me to a basic emacs config file, I want to start learning to
> configurate my emacs but I get all sorts of errors when I try to edit
> .emacs. My file will have a couple of key bindings and color theme.

I would suggest to ask here specific questions about your settings
that cause errors.

There's no special template for .emacs, it's generally just a
collection of more or less random settings that are personal to their
author.  Posting here the settings that cause errors will teach how to
do that correctly.  Studying customizations done by others are likely
to be a less efficient way of doing the same.