Re: stardict and emacs

From: François Patte
Subject: Re: stardict and emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:57:43 +0100

Le 12/12/2010 11:23, B.Qnyd a écrit :
> On Dec 12, 4:57 pm, François Patte
> <francois.pa...@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I would like to use stardict in an emacs window, but I fail... I found a
>> stardict.el and a sdcv.el, and loaded them, but I don't know what to do
>> (I have added some lines in my .emacs, but I don't know how to make a
>> correct adaptation to my system).

> i am used it...
>
> it's good!
> you used it, need install  Stardict of Character Version..
>
> my install it's sdcv-0.4.2-1mdv2008.0.i586.rpm

OK Thanks. I installed it and it works but:

1- It opens a stardict window for the display of answer. Is it not
possible to have a display in an emacs window.

2- You have to choose the proper dictionary *after* the openning of
stardict window, not before: e.g I have a French word in my emacs buffer
and I want to know its translation into English, can I choose the
French-English dictionary (now, the selected dictionary group is the
last one I used...)

3- Worst: everytime I ask stardict through emacs, it opens a new
instance of stardict and does not use the instance running in background...

Are there any solutions to these problems?

Thanks.

--
François Patte
Université Paris Descartes