Re: diff-mode

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: diff-mode
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:57:45 +0100

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> I do not doubt it.  They just can't understand such issues however.
> It's not their faults.  They are geeks, just like me and - I think -
> you.  If we were them, we couldn't do any better.
>
> Newbies flock to other editors because newbies find such editors
> easier to use.  Geeks know such editors just seem easier, or are
> easier just in the short run, and shrug their shoulders.

I don't think it should look easy for newbies, but it surely look nice
and not too complex for already skilled programmers, that are maybe used
to vim or something like that.

It is much more powerful than all the others from my experience, but in
the first few months is really hard to get through and be really
productive with it...

> I don't doubt it.  However, as many things Emacs, its interface seems
> foreign.  I couldn't find a way to compare directories and have a
> summary of changed files, from which navigate to such files.  If
> someone could post a video about how to accomplish such a task with
> Emacs...

Well I'm not an expert but that seemed rather easy,
ediff-directories is not what you want?
It gives you a summary and then you can do many things from there...

Anyway the error I get when in my configuration I try to kill the ediff
session is

Quit this Ediff session & show containing session group? (y or n)
ediff-cleanup-mess: Attempt to delete minibuffer or sole ordinary window