Re: need help debugging edebug (Common lisp problem?)

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: need help debugging edebug (Common lisp problem?)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:59:12 +0100

rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> The following function (from http://delysid.org/emacs/midi.el )
> crashes edebug.
> It gives
>
> edebug-syntax-error: Invalid read syntax: "Failed matching",
> ([&optional ["named" symbolp]] [&rest &or ["repeat" form] loop-for-as
> loop-with loop-initial-final] [&rest loop-clause])
>
> Note: It loads correctly (or rather silently) if edebug is turned off
>
> I have a feeling its in the loop (cl) macro. Can someone who knows CL
> better have a look?

And I have the feeling that this function is too big.  It definitely
goes over my multi-mega-pixel display.  Perhaps you should refactor it.

Otherwise, if you have a problem with a macro, you can always
macroexpand it to see what it does.  Of course, if you start with a
multi-page form, it won't get better.