Re: Visiting open processes when killing emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Visiting open processes when killing emacs
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:09:11 -0700

On 11/17/10 11:30 AM, Michael Hoffman wrote:
I've started using term-mode in emacs and so I often have several terms
processes open when I try to kill emacs. Emacs displays the process-list at this
point, but actually visiting the open processes to close them all is a little
clunky. I either have to select each buffer individually with C-x b, or use C-x
C-b and try to identify all the appropriate buffers from there. That's a little
less smooth than I was hoping for either, and is complicated by the update to
the buffer list when I close one of the other process buffers.

Is there a better way to do this?

The *Process List* buffer created by list-processes should allow you to select
each process' buffer by clicking (or typing RET if point is within the buffer
name), just like list-buffers does.  Unfortunately, my Emacs Lisp-fu is weak
after lack of practice and it does not help that list-processes is implemented
in C.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA