process spawns very slowly on Windows XP French

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: process spawns very slowly on Windows XP French
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:09:42 +0100

Hi,

I setup emacs 23.2 at work on Windows XP French. I am finding that
spawning process is very slowly (~20 seconds or so). It happens for
aspell and w3m. Running them on the command line is instantaneous. How
should I go about troubleshooting this? The exact same set of binaries
work like a charm on Windows XP English.

Kind regards,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

It was only -25C this morning and for the first time the tent was
warm.
    -- Thomas Sjogren , North Pole expedition 2002