Re: diff-mode

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: diff-mode
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 06:12:44 -0800 (PST)

On 14 Gru, 14:40, Elena <egarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> I don't doubt it.  However, as many things Emacs, its interface seems
> foreign.  I couldn't find a way to compare directories and have a
> summary of changed files, from which navigate to such files.  If
(...)

As Andrea already pointed out there's ediff-directories, but I've
always found it terribly counter-intuitive. That was actually one of
the reasons that pushed me to write the Sunrise Commander:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Sunrise_Commander

If comparing files and directories is as important to your work as it
is for mine, give it a try:

0) Install Sunrise
1) cd to the directories to compare (in left and right panes)
2) press C-M-=
3) press one of d, s, a, n or c to compare by Date, Size, date And
size or file Contents
4) use = to run diff or C-= to run ediff on the files marked.

This facility is not limited to comparing two directories in the file
system, it actually compares whatever left and right panes contain at
the moment it's invoked: e.g. the results of find/locate operations,
contents of compressed archives, etc.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.