Re: diff-mode

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: diff-mode
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:28:59 -0800 (PST)

On 15 Gru, 16:00, Elena <egarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2:12 pm, José A. Romero L. <escherdra...@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> > 0) Install Sunrise
> > 1) cd to the directories to compare (in left and right panes)
> > 2) press C-M-=
> > 3) press one of d, s, a, n or c to compare by Date, Size, date And
> > size or file Contents
> > 4) use = to run diff or C-= to run ediff on the files marked.
(...)
> I've tried the procedure you've suggested, but it doesn't run a
> recursive comparison, which is what I'm after.  Thank you anyway.

To make a recursive comparison in Sunrise you first need to "flatten"
the tree:

1.1) press C-c C-n to bring up find by name
1.2) type in "*" (a single asterisk) and press Return

this will recursively display all the contents of the current
directory, including all sub-directories. Alternatively:

1.1) press C-c C-f to bring up find with args
1.2) type in "-not -type d" and press Return

this will recursively display everything that is *not* a
directory. There are many other ways to flatten the tree, so the pane
shows exactly what you're interested in - after that's done you can
perform your comparison.

P.S. Press C-c C-c to return to normal mode ;)

Cheers,
--
José Alfredo Romero L. | Software Architect
StepStone Solutions  | CBL ul. Lubicz 23 | 31-503 Kraków | Poland