Re: landscape postscript printing

From: David Penton
Subject: Re: landscape postscript printing
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:16:39 -0500

On 2010-12-18, at 5:26 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Thanks Peter. See my comments below.

> Am 18.12.2010 um 06:07 schrieb David Penton:
>
>> Am I setting the wrong customization option or something? Duh.
>

> Are you saving it? For testing the changed customisation you can press the
> "Set for Current Session" button. Without doing so nothing is changed. To use
> the changed settings in a future session you'll need to press the "Save for
> Future Sessions" button. This command will command will write some Emacs Lisp
> code into the "custom-set-variables" section of your user-init-file (a
> variable, so you can retrieve its actual value). They could be:

Yes, the customization is saved. ps-number-of-columns is set to 1 in the
customization buffer, and also I can see it in the file. It still does not work.

> '(ps-n-up-printing 1)
> '(ps-number-of-columns 3)
> '(ps-paper-type (quote a4))
>
> etc. For tests you can substitute the ps-print-* commands with ps-spool-*
> commands. They produce *PostScript* buffers in GNU Emacs. You can save them
> on disk as files to view them in some PostScript viewer (Preview converts PS
> first to PDF internally), without having to kill a wood or two for printouts
> on paper.

That's exactly what I have been doing.

> For me, on Mac OS X 10.5.8, Leopard, it works with
>
>       GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (mac-apple-darwin, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of 2009-11-30
> on ...

I just downloaded Carbon Emacs 22.3.1. I checked the customizations that I
*believe* are involved. I set ps-number-of-pages to 1, and landscape mode on. I
confirmed that these settings are saved. However, I still cannot get one-column
landscape that way.

Could some other setting be interfering?