Savannah: no more Ctrl-Ins when using mouse copy

From: lanas
Subject: Savannah: no more Ctrl-Ins when using mouse copy
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:42:13 -0500

Hello,

  I got emacs last week from Savannah's bzr and compiled it in Fedora
14.  It is using the same old .emacs config I'm carrying over the years.

  All is well, although I noticed that now it is not possible anymore to
use Ctrl-Ins to paste text that was copied elsewhere (other
application) using the mouse.  With all previous versions of emacs from
the say, last 7 years, this was possible.  Now, if some text is copied
to the buffer using the mouse, then the mouse must be used to paste it
back into emacs.

  Not a big deal, but I surely have to get used to it.  My question is:
is this paste behaviour a permanent change or is it part of a
current development mishap ?  Or a system config issue (although the
previous emacs on same Fedora 14 (and same .emacs) was not thus
restricted and allowed Ctrl-Ins text copied using the mouse) ?

Thanks,

Al