Re: "Anything" package requires w3m command...

From: Elena
Subject: Re: "Anything" package requires w3m command...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 01:18:58 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 18, 6:56 am, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Please start with emacs -Q and (require 'anything-config)
> No more.

Thank you, Thierry, for helping us.  Indeed, the issue is absent in
"emacs -Q".

I've found the offending line to be:

(eval-when-compile (require 'w3m-bookmark nil t))

Both the original poster and I have downloaded the "emacs-w3m"
interface, which contains "w3m-bookmark".  Emacs fails to load this
package on Windows, because the external app "w3m" is missing.

I solved the issue by restarting Emacs without the "emacs-w3m"
directory in its load-path.