Re: Revert Emacs to version supporting cedet backticks?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Revert Emacs to version supporting cedet backticks?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:31:49 +0100

Jason Earl <jearl@notengoamigos.org> writes:

Hi Jason,

>> I see that the Emacs trunk won't allow the old backticks to compile
>> anymore, does anyone know what tag I could revert to so I can use
>> cedet?  I promise I won't write any elisp with backticks from now on.
>> :)
>
> bzr Emacs actually includes a fairly new version of CEDET.  Does the
> upstream version of CEDET use backticks?

I don't think backticks are a problem, but only the old-style stuff
deprecated for more than a decade had a bug in the current emacs bzr
HEAD.

  `(foo ,tab-width) ;; new style. ok!
    ==> (foo 2)

  (` (foo (, tab-width))) ;; old style. had a bug, but works for me...
    ==> (foo 2)

I use a very recent Emacs version, so it seems that the bug is already
fixed.

But it's still a very good idea to replace the old-style
backquotes/backticks.

Bye,
Tassilo