Re: emacs inject a prolog to print jobs?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs inject a prolog to print jobs?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:06:30 +0100

Am 21.12.2010 um 22:51 schrieb Urs Rau (UK):

I followed the mac-print-mode.el that I found
in tthe Aquamacs bundle and stumbled on a more generic one called
MacPritnMode from http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MacPrintMode which in
combination with "coral" actually calls up the standard Mac print
dialog, which then uses the noraml xerox drivers that handle the
accounting etc. The latest "coral" I could find was 1.3 from
http://hmdt.jp/coral/index.html

Good to read that it works so well! And that Coral also still works!

Basically MacPrintMode calls up a version of htmlize and then passes
the output to coral for ps or pdf -ication and then coral passes that
to the normal print handling dialogs.

Htmlize is also a rather perfect interface when it comes to printing non-Latin scripts. (Have you ever tried to print the HELLO buffer from C-h H?) Htmlize-view, another package, by Lennart Borgmann, sends the produced HTML code to the browser so that you can print with all comfort and all capabilities.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
                                – George W. Bush