Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:53:50 +0100

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> On Dec 22, 1:32 pm, "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <p...@informatimago.com>
> wrote:

>> > Of course it would.  Tracing, profiling and similar tools are
>> > available for languages which are more powerful than extension
>> > languages.
>>
>> They are REQUIRED to be able to work with languages that are LESS
>> powerful than lisp.
>
> This is not the case.  I have a problem which would be dead-easy to
> spot by using a tracer and a profiler.  Emacs Lisp lacks the former,
> and that's fine since it is an extension language, not a language to
> develop complex applications.

emacs lisp is not an extension language.  It's a complete algorithmic
programming language, and it has all the tools that any other
programming language has.  I already mentionned the commands to trace
and to profile.  Complex applications have been developed in emacs lisp,
including spreadsheets, web browsers, irc clients, news and email
readers, database management applications, expert systems, money
management and accounting applications, calendar and time tracking
aapplications, dictionary browsers, shell and terminal emulators, games,
etc.