ESS/Matlab Path in Cocoa Emacs

From: Harold Pimentel
Subject: ESS/Matlab Path in Cocoa Emacs
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:52:32 -0800

Hi all,

I recently decided to switch to Cocoa Emacs. Both ESS mode and Matlab-mode work
correctly and are loaded, except when I try to start R or MATLAB inside Emacs,
I get the same error:

apply: Searching for program: No such file or directory, R
apply: Searching for program: No such file or directory, matlab

I suspect there is something wrong with the way Cocoa Emacs is reading my path,
but I don't have enough Emacs-fu to know.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Harold