Re: one shortcut next occurrence search

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: one shortcut next occurrence search
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 09:37:37 -0700

rusi wrote:
> Drew Adams wrote:
> > What's wrong with ordinary `C-s C-w C-s C-s ...'?
>
> Thats very nifty -- thanks. So now a meta-question Drew: How do I find
> out about things like C-w?

Once you know a key you can find the documentation associated with the
function associated with that key very easily.

  C-h K C-s

That will take you to section 19.1.1 "Basics of Incremental Search"
where you can browse the documentation isearch-forward bound to to
C-s by default.  In 19.1.5 "Isearch Yanking" you will encounter C-w.

The hard part is knowing what key you want to read about.  But once
you have the key then you can find the documentation quite easily.

Bob