Clearing keybindings when redefining a minor mode map

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: Clearing keybindings when redefining a minor mode map
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 23:19:37 -0800

Greetings all,

Suppose I have a keybinding that is shared by two minor modes (mode A
and mode B).  I want to accomplish the following: if both modes A and B are
active, then the keybinding should only invoke mode A's command.

My original approach was to insert code in mode B's commands that checks if
mode A is active, and if so, it creates a new keymap for mode B, with
conflicts removed.  Unfortunately, even though the new map is created
properly, it
doesn't remove the old keybindings that are in conflict with mode A.  Is
there an easy way to clear those keybindings?

--Leo