org-mac-protocol usage question on Mac OS X >= 10.6.5 - and what about s

From: Urs Rau (UK)
Subject: org-mac-protocol usage question on Mac OS X >= 10.6.5 - and what about same under windows XP/Vista/Win7
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:03:26 +0000

I have recently started using emacs and unlike the last times over the
past 20 years it starts looking as if it might become a tool that I'll
keep around, this time. Using emacs sure is "different". ;-)

I have a question that is probably much more Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
centric than actually being an org-mode question. Can anyone shed any
light or simple steps instructions my way on how to actually use and
call the org-mac-protocol from any of it's supported apps like
Mail.app or Safari ...

I am following the setup instructions from the org-mac-protocol page at:
https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/raw/037288fcd2e8d9ffd6e9811d9049b06344b7b865/org-mac-protocol.org

| #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
| ~/Library/Scripts/org-link.scpt
|                 org-link-tabs.scpt
|                 org-remember.scpt
|                 org-note.scpt
|                 orgQSLib/escape.rb
|                          getEmacsClient.scpt
|                          getItemMetadata.scpt
|#+END_EXAMPLE

It basically tells me to copy some emacs lisp files into my emacsen
lisp places and some AppleScript files into the users
~/Library/Scripts directory (which I did not have on Snow Leopard).

Do these instructions apply to Snow Leopard and it's new fangled way
of doing services and applescript?

And if this is still the right thing to do on MAC OS X 10.6.5, how do
I now actually use or call up the AppleScripts files from one of the
org-mac-protcol supported apps, like Mail, Address Book, Skim,
BibDesk, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iTunes, Finder, Terminal? Do I have
to do a "setup/config" action in each one of them?
.
The installation instructions give me the following two "recipe"
lines, which I don't know where they go and what to do with them?

|    : ("AppleScript remember" ?y "* %:shortdesc\n  %:initial\n
Source: %u, %c\n\n  %?" (concat org-directory "inbox.org") "Remember")

|     : ("AppleScript note" ?z "* %?\n\n  Date: %u\n" (concat
org-directory "inbox.org") "Notes")

What system wide "thinggy" do I use on Snow Leopard to call up the
emacs server, to capture info from the supported app I am in to
transfer data into org-mode?

And as a bonus point how would I solve this information capturing
setup on the windows side? Are there simple steps somewhere that would
show how to 'capture' info from Contacts or Outlook tasks, or Outlook
emails?

Many thanks for any help or pointers.

Regards,

--