Re: apropos-documentation fails all the time

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: apropos-documentation fails all the time
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 01:08:32 +0000

>> I cannot reproduce this in emacs 24.0.50 (dev version from bzr). What
>> version of emacs and what is the argument you are passing to the
>> command?
>
> And always give a recipe: how did you invoke it - interactively or from Lisp?
> What is your value of `apropos-do-all'? etc.
>
> And if you think there is a bug, as opposed to asking a question about how to
> use it, then consider filing a bug report: M-x report-emacs-bug.

Thanks both of you for responding.  My apologies: my original posting,
which had the necessary information, got truncated.

I am using emacs 23.2.1 from Debian testing.  apropos-do-all is t.  The
error occurs regardless of what I pass to apropos-documentation,
interactively typically; e.g.

   C-h d .*documentation.* RET

gives the error as does any string really, whether a regex or not.

I will report a bug if nobody can suggest anything that can alleviate
this problem.  Or I may try to install one of the 24.x snapshots, I
guess.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1 + No Gnus v0.11