Re: ps-print question

From: David Penton
Subject: Re: ps-print question
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:02:49 -0500

On 2010-12-31, at 4:22 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 31.12.2010 um 08:22 schrieb David Penton:

Is there something I should do to get the right character?

Change the font! Use one with a visible backquote. Character Palette can help, Font Book as well with a personal text palette.

Thanks, Pete.

I am trying to use Courier. I don't know how to choose any of the fonts you suggested, because to my knowledge the font choices for ps-print are limited. Here is a quote from the emacs website:

The variable ps-font-family specifies which font family to use for printing ordinary text. Legitimate values include Courier,         Helvetica,NewCenturySchlbkPalatino and Times

There is mention of using BDF fonts for foreign languages, but I am not sure that is the answer. Also, I am puzzled because I thought Courier had a grave accent anyway.

From the header and prologue of the PostScript file you saved you can exactly determine which font is used for printing the backquote (GRAVE ACCENT, U+0060) and the other Lisp code. In GNU Emacs you can customise the use of fonts.

--
Greetings

 Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.