Re: gnus, thunderbird and imap

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: gnus, thunderbird and imap
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:44:04 -0500

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Get NoGnus from Git : major IMAP speed up. That said I still recommend a
> local Dovecot server. Why not? The overhead is little and its just so
> much faster AND you have your email when offline. Dovecot stores as
> Maildir too.

Where do I find NoGnus? Is that just the development version of gnus
downloaded from the git repo? Is that necessary if I'm already using the
a developmental bzr version of Emacs (24.0.50.1) which comes with Gnus
v5.13?

> Keep at it. Gnus is a bugger to configure. But when you get there it
> repays you in spades.

No kidding. Two steps forward, three steps back. If I don't get this
running semi-smoothly soon I'll be out of time for this latest attempt.
It's a nice idea, but when config time runs over multiple hours for a
mail reader, it's going to take months of super-efficiency to compensate
for the lost time.

Cheers,

Tyler