byte-compile all files in a directory

From: ishi soichi
Subject: byte-compile all files in a directory
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 09:31:45 +0900

hi. I would like to implement byte-compile elisp files.  Is there a way to do it for all files in a directory?
I tried "M-x byte-recompile-directory" but it does nothing.  Well, only way I can think of is dired-do-byte-compile...but it still needs to execute one by one.

And also, sometimes byte-compile-file produces errors like,

Byte compile error for /Users/ishidasouichi/.emacs.d/lisp/contrib/lisp/org-collector.el:

I have no idea why.  This elisp file is downloaded from the official site, so no corrections are made.  There should not be any problem in implementing byte-compile at all.

Thanks for your help in advance.

soichi