RE: Functions that need X

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Functions that need X
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 07:55:12 -0800

> > I suspect this is also one of those situations where custom has an
> > advantage over hand crafted code in .emacs i.e. disabling
> > scroll bars using custom does not cause errors when run under the console.
>
> Not in my case. I have a generic file, which I distribute on many
> computers. I would not like to do the custom bit on all of them.

I can't speak directly to your particular situation, no doubt, but in general
you can create once and then distribute the same `custom-file' or just part of
it (e.g. `custom-set-variables'), not necessarily assigning it as the value of
any given user's `custom-file' var.

IOW, Customize just creates Lisp code for you to load (or not).