Re: ps-print question

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: ps-print question
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:02:04 +0100

Am 03.01.2011 um 15:25 schrieb David Penton:

I cannot send the ps file directly to the printer because I do not have a postscript printer.

Just a short question: Did you install the driver for your printer? If your printer's manufacturer does not supply one for Mac OS X, then you can use Gimp-Print, or Gutenprint, as it's now called ("High quality printer drivers for Canon, Epson, Lexmark, and PCL printers." -> http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php ; there is a list of supported printers). It's based on Ghostscript, though...

CUPS should be able to convert any input to the output format your printer understands – once your printer's capabilities are known to CUPS. This conversion/adaptation is the printing system's task. (Not that much your's.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Well begun is half done.