Re: How in .dir-locals.el make association between file extension and Em

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: How in .dir-locals.el make association between file extension and Emacs mode?
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:48:58 +0200

04.01.2011 9:40, Kevin Rodgers пишет:
On 12/28/10 3:31 PM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
How in .dir-locals.el make association between file extension and
Emacs mode?

The association between file name extensions and major modes is stored
in the
auto-mode-alist variable, which is not a buffer local variable and thus not
suitable to be used as a file or directory variable.

That is an abstract argument against it, there is also a practical
argument:

auto-mode-alist is a global variable that is consulted by set-auto-mode,
which
is run by normal-mode before it calls hack-local-variables/
hack-dir-local-variables.

What do you want to do?

I store collected my tips under same folder with .txt extension.

Every time when I create new .txt file I forget add:

  -*- mode: outline; coding: utf-8; fill-column: 80 -*-

to header. There are nearly 120 files.

I can fix headers from time to time by script but this require
spending own time, so ugly.

I expect that Emacs already have mechanism to make this.
Per project configurations which provided by standard Emacs packages.

--
Any help welcome!