RE: Emacs improvements

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs improvements
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 14:32:47 -0800

> I have made dired to behave like Windows Explorer on steriods...
>
> Pressing return on certain files such as images runs cygstart to
> launch that an appropriate program much like Windows Explorer.

FYI - in Dired+:

1. `C-RET' opens the file using its MS Windows file association.
   So a PDF file might open using Acrobat.  An image file might
   open using Irfanview.  A music file...

2. `M-RET' opens Windows Explorer to the file or folder.

3. `RET' opens a file or folder normally (in Emacs).

Each is kept separate, so you can choose #1, #2, or #3 for a given file at
different times.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DiredPlus