Re: edebug and defun* &key

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: edebug and defun* &key
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 09:58:28 +1100

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>

> I really like the clarity of defun* forms when specifying optional parameters.
>  However, edebug doesn't seem to be able to unserstand these forms very well.
>  Has anyone got a workaround?
>
> e.g.
>
> (defun* foo (&optional &key (arg t)))
>
> <M-x>edebug-defun

The defun* is a CL compatibility macro and not a part of standard elisp.
i.e. you have to load the 'cl package to get it.

Elisp can handle the &optional and &key parameter types in normal defun.
IIRC the only real difference is that elisp cannot set default values
for optional parameters - they are nil if not supplied and thats it.

When you say edebug does not understand these forms very well, what do
you mean?

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au